Drug & Alcohol Detox Centers in Delaware
Too Many Options? Get Help Now!
Find A Detox In Delaware Today
It is imperative that you call now for a free confidential assessment for drug & alcohol detox centers in . We are professionals who can help get you or a loved in the right facility depending upon your needs don't wait, call now!
- Drug Addiction Detoxes
- Alcohol Detox Centers
- Substance Abuse Detoxes
- Dual Diagnosis Detoxes
- Most Insurances Accepted
- Payment Assistance
Too Many Options? Get Help Now!
Browse Delaware Detox Centers By City
OR Search for detoxes by city
Known as “the First State” since it was the first state in the early American Colony, Delaware is the second-smallest state in the U.S. with no sales tax, an illustrious history, and a population of under a million. As well, this coastal state has the honor of producing the first space suits that would accompany the earliest NASA missions to space. Delaware has plenty of beach and a really laid-back, welcoming population, which have contributed to Delaware slowly becoming a major recovery destination. If you’re looking for an addiction treatment or detox center, look no further than little ole Delaware.
Delaware Addiction & Detox Statistics
- At any given time, approximately 10 percent of the Delaware population will have used illicit drugs over the past month. This breaks down to one in every ten Delaware residents.
- While there are many substances that have proven to be problematic for people in Delaware, the most problematic mind-altering substance continues to be alcohol. According to estimates, about 11 percent of the men in Delaware meet the criteria for an alcohol use disorder.
- In Delaware, the demographic group with the highest percentage of alcohol problems is those individuals who are between the ages of 18 and 24. Of this group, approximately 18 percent have a problem with alcohol abuse or have become physiologically dependent on alcohol.
- Statistics show that tobacco use among adolescents and teens in high school in the state of Delaware is roughly equivalent to the nationwide rate. In fact, the rate for Delaware high school students and for high school students nationwide is 18 percent
- When it comes to underage alcohol use, Delaware exhibits rates that are either equal to or greater than that seen nationwide. For instance, about 23 percent of Delaware high school students have their first episode of alcohol abuse before the age of 13 compared to just 20 percent for student nationwide.
Getting Sober in Delaware
Delaware is a really laid-back, beach-front area surrounded by some really important placing, including Washington, DC, Baltimore, the Chesapeake Bay, and it’s not all that far from New York City and Philadelphia. This means you’ll find a really eclectic mix of people in Delaware, making it a really accepting place for anyone who’s looking to pursue the recovery process.
Delaware Addiction & Substance Abuse Organizations
- The Delaware Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health is the government-sanctioned, state-run organization working as a department of the Delaware Department of Health and Social Services. The purpose of this organization is to ensure that Delaware residents suffering from addiction have access to the recovery resources they need.
- AtTAcK Addiction is a grassroots, volunteer-based not-for-profit organization based in Delaware, created in the memory of a teenager who lost his life to a drug overdose. The purpose of this group is to advocate for recovery and discourage substance abuse through addiction education in schools and communities.
- Help is Here is a unique state-run organization sponsored by the Delaware Department of Public Health. This organization aims to be a vital resource to individuals living in Delaware, providing information about prescription drug disposal programs, substance abuse treatment, and addiction prevention through education.
- The Delaware Alliance for Nonprofit Advancement — or “DANA” for short — is an organization that serves as a resource to other substance abuse-related nonprofit groups in Delaware. This group helps other groups to find funding, promotes their growth, helps them to find new members, and offers many other types of support.
- The Delaware Association for Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors, or DAADAC, is the Delaware-based chapter of the NAADAC, consisting of representatives of the community of substance abuse professionals in Delaware. This group oversees training, licensing, and credentialization of substance abuse professionals.
Delaware Seeks Ways to Mitigate the Growing Heroin Problem
Throughout the United States, there has been a growing problem with heroin. Ever since OxyContin rose to popularity among substance abusers in the 1990s, people have been developing physical addictions to opioid drugs. Like other states, Delaware has been hit hard by the heroin epidemic with heroin overdose deaths reaching a rate of one death every other day. Due to the severity of the heroin epidemic in Delaware, state officials have been seeking ways to mitigate the problem. For instance, the state has provided Naloxone to emergency first responders to use in the event of an opioid overdose. The state has also been developing programs to offer more funding to drug treatment centers, which will allow them to treat more of those in need.