Drug & Alcohol Detox Centers in Hawaii
Too Many Options? Get Help Now!
Find A Detox In Hawaii Today
It is imperative that you call now for a free confidential assessment for drug & alcohol detox centers in Hawaii. We are professionals who can help get you or a loved in the right facility depending upon your needs don't wait, call now!
- Drug Addiction Detoxes
- Alcohol Detox Centers
- Substance Abuse Detoxes
- Dual Diagnosis Detoxes
- Most Insurances Accepted
- Payment Assistance
Too Many Options? Get Help Now!
Browse Hawaii Detox Centers By City
OR Search for detoxes by city
While there are a number of states that could be considered “diamonds in the rough”, Hawaii is not one of them. Just about everyone knows that Hawaii is surely one of the most beautiful, decadent locales in the entire United States. With plenty of natural, unadulterated jungles, cascading mountains, and even an active volcano, Hawaii has second-to-none scenery that is a major lure for the state. As well, Hawaii has a very unique, one-of-a-kind culture that continues to draw people from all over the world. Due to it being a popular vacation destination, Hawaii has started to gain popularity as a destination for addiction recovery. With a number of addiction treatment and detox facilities on offer, Hawaii is a great place for anyone starting or continuing addiction rehabilitation.
Hawaii Addiction & Detox Statistics
- Despite being detached from the continental United States, Hawaii has been experiencing a major drug problem, including with methamphetamine, or “crystal meth”. In fact, approximately 37 percent of all men who are incarcerated in Hawaii test positive for crystal meth.
- Perhaps due to it being such an isolated state, Hawaii has been seeing a lot of crystal meth production in amateur, improvised “meth labs”. As a result, about 79 percent of all drug-related crime in Hawaii is related to crystal meth.
- Crystal meth remains one of the most difficult drugs to treat in addiction treatment programs. In fact, at least half of the cost associated with treating Hawaii addicts in rehabs goes toward treating just five percent of the crystal meth addicts in treatment.
- Underage alcohol consumption is much less a problem in Hawaii than in the United States overall. In the U.S., about 39 percent of high school students have abused alcohol at least once in the past thirty days while this figure is 29 percent for Hawaiian high school students.
- There are only slightly less Hawaiian high school students misusing prescription drugs than in the United States overall. According to surveys, about five percent of high school students in Hawaii misuse prescription drugs compared to six percent of high school students nationwide.
Getting Sober in Hawaii
If there’s one thing about Hawaii that can rival its natural beauty, it’s the people who live there. Perhaps it’s due to the state’s thriving tourism industry, but native Hawaiians are an extremely friendly and welcoming bunch. No matter who you are or where you come from, Hawaiians embrace people from all walks of life. Whether you’re in advanced recovery or still getting sober, Hawaii is a great place for your recovery journey.
Hawaii Addiction & Substance Abuse Organizations
- The Hawaii Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division is a government-sanctioned, state-run organization affiliated with the Hawaii Department of Health. This organization is largely focused on being a resource for those in need, which can including finding addicts rehabilitative services or helping them to fund their addiction treatments.
- The University of Hawaii Departments of Psychiatry and Family Medicine is a research-oriented coalition that investigates a variety of issues related to mental and physical health, including addiction. As well, this group hosts the annual Hawaii Addictions Conference to report recent findings related to substance abuse and addiction.
- The Hawaii Society of Addiction Medicine — or HISAM for short — is the Hawaii-based chapter of the American Society of Addiction Medicine, consisting of a coalition of addiction treatment professionals and researchers who aims to improve access and quality of addiction treatment through research and education.
- The Coalition for a Drug-Free Hawaii is a grassroots, volunteer-based organization that aims to reduce the addiction rate in Hawaii through advocacy and addiction education. As well, this group puts a major focus on community outreach.
- The Hawaii Association of Addiction and Drug Abuse Counselors, also known as HAADAC, is the Hawaii-based chapter of the NAADAC, consisting of addiction treatment professionals who represent the Hawaii community of treatment providers. This group oversees training, licensing, and credentialing for substance abuse professionals.
Hawaii Develops Three-Step Plan Against Addiction
The entire United States has been experiencing a major addiction epidemic, prompting representatives of various states to look for new ways of addressing this growing threat. Like other states, Hawaii has been seeing its fair share of substance abuse, especially with heroin and crystal meth. However, Hawaii officials have been working on a three-part strategy to mitigate the addiction problem; this strategy consists of improving the statewide prescription drug monitoring database, to modernize this database, and to improve access and make it easier for physicians to prescribe useful medications like Suboxone and methadone.