Drug & Alcohol Detox Centers in Kansas
Too Many Options? Get Help Now!
Find A Detox In Kansas Today
It is imperative that you call now for a free confidential assessment for drug & alcohol detox centers in . We are professionals who can help get you or a loved in the right facility depending upon your needs don't wait, call now!
- Drug Addiction Detoxes
- Alcohol Detox Centers
- Substance Abuse Detoxes
- Dual Diagnosis Detoxes
- Most Insurances Accepted
- Payment Assistance
Too Many Options? Get Help Now!
Browse Kansas Detox Centers By City
OR Search for detoxes by city
There are many underrated, overlooked gems in the United States, and Kansas is certainly one of them. Located in the American heartlands, Kansas actually has quite a lot to offer. Although you probably wouldn’t expect it, Kansas has a thriving arts scene and a strong, diverse culture. Known as “the Sunflower State”, Kansas has an extremely rich history, which includes the town of Nicodemus, the last surviving Western town that was created by African Americans. The state has a number of popular festivals that take place throughout the year, making it a favorite destination for tourists and vacationers alike. Plus, there have been a number of important inventions developed in Kansas and many important figures, including a few astronauts, were born and raised in Kansas. Best of all, Kansans are an extremely laid-back, friendly bunch of people, so it should come as no surprise that more and more people are choosing Kansas as their addiction recovery destination.
Kansas Addiction & Detox Statistics
- Over the past month, about 7 percent of Kansans have used an illicit drug at least once.
- While heroin, opioids, and other drugs remain a major problem throughout Kansas, the most problematic substance continues to be alcohol. In fact, it’s estimated that there are currently 12,200 Kansas residents suffering from undiagnosed, untreated alcoholism.
- In the state of Kansas, there are approximately 200 annual deaths from heroin overdose.
- Adolescent substance abuse is a major problem in Kansas. In fact, it’s estimated that approximately one-third of Kansas high school students have used some type of illicit drug at least once over the past month.
- Among the numerous illicit substances that Kansas high school students abuse, prescription drugs are one of the most common. Specifically, about ten percent of high school students in Kansas have misused prescription drugs at least once in the past year.
Getting Sober in Kansas
Maybe it’s due to being located in the American heartlands or perhaps it’s from being inspired by a long, illustrious history, but Kansas residents are some of the most friendly, accepting folks you could ever hope to meet. As well, the Kansas population is extremely diverse, representing people from all walks of life. With lots of historical places and cultural heritage, Kansas is a great place for getting or staying sober.
Kansas Addiction & Substance Abuse Organizations
- The Kansas Behavioral Science Regulatory Board, or KSBSRB, is a committee of state officials that aims to be a resource to Kansas residents suffering from addiction or who are affected by a loved one’s addiction. In particular, this group provides education and information on licensing, laws and rules, and other types of regulatory information.
- The Kansas Association for Addiction Professionals — also known as KAAP for short — is an organization consisting of addiction professionals from throughout the state who volunteer to be advocates and leaders for the addiction treatment field.
- Valley Hope is a Kansas-based nonprofit organization that’s dedicated to helping individuals suffering from addiction to find the recovery resources they need to overcome their addictions.
- The Substance Abuse Center of Kansas, or SACK, is a Kansas-based nonprofit organization dedicated to finding people the resources they need, whether that means addiction treatment, prevention, case management, or otherwise.
- The Douglas County Committee on Alcoholism is a grassroots organization formed in 1974 to help Kansas residents suffering from alcoholism to find the resources they need to get sober.
Kansas Launches Statewide Addiction Treatment Center Directory
Across the country, rates of addiction have skyrocketed, especially when it comes to opioid addiction. Every since the launch of OxyContin in the 1990s, a growing number of people have become physiologically dependent on mind-altering chemical substances. This has caused much concern among public officials, law enforcement, and citizens alike.
As is the case throughout the majority of the United States, Kansas has been experiencing a particularly severe heroin epidemic, prompting lawmakers to consider new ways of addressing this serious problem. There have been numerous strategies to be suggested, but one of the most recent is to improve access to recovery resources by creating a centralized, statewide database of all addiction treatment and detox facilities in Kansas. Not only does the database contain all addiction treatment facilities, but it also provides more specific information, including the types of treatments available at each facility, the types of addiction the facilities address, and other important information.