Drug & Alcohol Detox Centers in Louisiana
Too Many Options? Get Help Now!
Find A Detox In Louisiana Today
It is imperative that you call now for a free confidential assessment for drug & alcohol detox centers in . We are professionals who can help get you or a loved in the right facility depending upon your needs don't wait, call now!
- Drug Addiction Detoxes
- Alcohol Detox Centers
- Substance Abuse Detoxes
- Dual Diagnosis Detoxes
- Most Insurances Accepted
- Payment Assistance
Too Many Options? Get Help Now!
Browse Louisiana Detox Centers By City
OR Search for detoxes by city
More often than not, the thing that is associated with Louisiana is New Orleans. Without question, New Orleans is a jewel of the United States, representing a prominent part of our past, current culture, and our future. With strong French and Native American influence, the overall state of Louisiana is extremely unique, offering plenty of coastline, gorgeous and near-undisturbed beauty, and an extremely diverse population. In fact, residents of Louisiana are widely held to be the epitome of Southern hospitality, which has been a major contributor to the state’s recent rise in popularity as a destination for addiction recovery. If you’re someone who’s looking for an addiction treatment or detox facility, Louisiana is definitely a place you should consider.
Louisiana Addiction & Detox Statistics
- According to state records, there are an average of 26 people hospitalized from drug and alcohol use per week in Louisiana.
- Over the course of the past year, there have been a total of 393 alcohol- and drug-related deaths in the state of Louisiana.
- Despite the opioid addiction that has been occurring in Louisiana, alcohol remains the number one most-abused substance in the state. In fact, it’s estimated that there are 120,000 Louisiana residents who have abused alcohol over the course of any given year.
- Underage alcohol consumption remains a major problem in the state of Louisiana. According to surveys, approximately one in every three Louisiana high school students have used an illicit drug at least once over the course of the past year. As well, approximately ten percent of Louisiana high school students have abused painkillers recreationally in the past year.
- Between tobacco products and marijuana, approximately twenty percent (one in five) Louisiana high school students have smoked at least once over the course of the past month.
Getting Sober in Louisiana
Despite its reputation for Mardi Gras and other such festivities, Louisiana is actually a great place for anyone who’s looking to get sober or continue in their recovery journeys. The diverse population of Louisiana ensures that people from all walks of life are embraced and welcomed into communities throughout the state. If you’re tempted by a climate that’s warm year-round, Gulf of Mexico coastline, and some of the nicest people you’ll ever meet, make Louisiana your destination for a successful, long-lasting recovery.
Louisiana Addiction & Substance Abuse Organizations
- The Louisiana Department of Health and Addictive Disorders Services is an organization sanctioned by the Louisiana state government, providing treatment and other resources to Louisiana residents suffering from addiction as well as support and social services to the family members of addicts.
- The Louisiana Association of Addiction Professionals is the Louisiana-based branch of the NAADAC, consisting of addiction treatment professionals from throughout the state who represent the voice of the state’s entire addiction treatment community in public policy and legislation. This group also oversees and monitors addiction treatment credentialization.
- The Addictive Disorder Regulatory Authority, or ADRA, is a Louisiana-based nonprofit organization that is essentially the state authority for addiction treatment licensing and addictions counselor credentials. This group ensures that addiction treatment professionals in Louisiana meet industry standards in terms of their qualifications.
- The Alcohol and Drug Abuse Council of South Louisiana — also known as ADAC for short — is an organization consisting of public officials, law enforcement, and other representatives of state and communities that want to advocate for healthy, productive lifestyle choices through the prevention and treatment of addiction. This group puts a major focus on prevention through education and support.
- The Louisiana Counseling Association>, or LCA, was established in 1968 and consists of individuals from throughout the state who represent the voice of the state’s professionals psychotherapists and counselors. This group seeks to provide information and support to counselors throughout the state, particularly those who provide addictions counseling.
Louisiana Creates Task Force to Alleviate the State’s Opioid Problem
Like the rest of the U.S., Louisiana has been experiencing a major heroin problem, resulting in skyrocketing rates of overdose deaths. As a result, public officials and state representatives have been searching for ways to mitigate this issue and it seems that they’ve landed on a solution. In the hope of alleviating the heroin problem in Louisiana, government representatives have created an opioid task force that will observe the state of opioid use and addiction treatment throughout Louisiana in order to make detailed recommendations on how to curb the growing heroin epidemic.