Drug & Alcohol Detox Centers in Oklahoma
Too Many Options? Get Help Now!
Find A Detox In Oklahoma Today
It is imperative that you call now for a free confidential assessment for drug & alcohol detox centers in . We are professionals who can help get you or a loved in the right facility depending upon your needs don't wait, call now!
- Drug Addiction Detoxes
- Alcohol Detox Centers
- Substance Abuse Detoxes
- Dual Diagnosis Detoxes
- Most Insurances Accepted
- Payment Assistance
Too Many Options? Get Help Now!
Browse Oklahoma Detox Centers By City
OR Search for detoxes by city
Located in the American Heartlands, the image most often associated with Oklahoma is of rolling hills and sprawling farmlands. However, the state is much more than a farmer’s paradise. There have been numerous travel magazines to rank Oklahoma — and Oklahoma City, the state’s most populous city — as the no. 1 friendliest place in the United States. So it should come as no surprise that the state has a growing addiction treatment industry with high-quality rehabilitation and detox centers emerging throughout the state. If you’re fond of beautiful scenery and a laid-back, leisurely lifestyle, you should consider Oklahoma as the destination for your detox treatment.
Oklahoma Addiction & Detox Statistics
- Located in the American Heartlands, the image most often associated with Oklahoma is of rolling hills and sprawling farmlands. However, the state is much more than a farmer’s paradise. There have been numerous travel magazines to rank Oklahoma — and Oklahoma City, the state’s most populous city — as the no. 1 friendliest place in the United States. So it should come as no surprise that the state has a growing addiction treatment industry with high-quality rehabilitation and detox centers emerging throughout the state. If you’re fond of beautiful scenery and a laid-back, leisurely lifestyle, you should consider Oklahoma as the destination for your detox treatment.
- Of all the addicts who enroll in addiction treatment programs in Oklahoma, approximately 46 percent are seeking treatment for opioid addiction.
- Cumulatively, there has been a 68 percent increase in the frequency of reported misuse of prescription painkillers and other types of pharmaceutical drugs in Oklahoma since 2006.
- Compared to all other states in the U.S., Oklahoma has been number one for prescription drug abuse since 2012.
- In Oklahoma, studies show that about 57 percent of initiates — a term used to indicate first-time drug users — were high school students under the age of 18.
Getting Sober in Oklahoma
As mentioned above, Oklahoma has near-unanimously been dubbed the friendliest place in the United States. In fact, Oklahomans are notorious for accepting outsiders as their own, welcoming them to their stress-free way of life. Plus, Oklahoma City is an unexpected treasure with all the cultural diversity you could ask for. When you consider the whole picture, it makes Oklahoma a pretty great place to get sober or to continue your recovery journey.
Oklahoma Addiction & Substance Abuse Organizations
- The Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services is the government-sanctioned, state-run organization that helps Oklahomans suffering from mental health problems and substance abuse to receive the medical care they need, especially when the individuals are of a low income level.
- The House of Hope is an Oklahoma-based nonprofit organization that provides consulting services to individuals with substance abuse problems. The idea is to be a resource for addicts throughout the state, helping them to find the treatments and services they need to get sober.
- A Chance to Change Foundation is a grassroots nonprofit organization in Oklahoma, providing a variety of support services to addictions and communities. Some of the services this group provides includes various education classes for substance abuse prevention, workshops, and various life-skills classes.
- The Oklahoma Drug and Alcohol Professional Counselor Association (ODAPCA) is, as the name suggests, a coalition of addiction treatment professionals representing the professional community throughout the state. Specifically, this group oversees the licensing and credentialization of substance abuse professionals in Oklahoma.
- The Oklahoma Substance Abuse Services Alliance — also known as OSASA for short — is an advocacy group for Oklahomans affected by substance abuse problems or other mental health disorders. This group also provides support services for the family, friends, and other loved ones of individuals suffering from addiction.
Oklahoma Panel Meets to Develop Substance Abuse Prevention Strategy
Throughout the entire United States, communities large and small have been profoundly affected by the heroin epidemic that began in the early 2010s. As this deadly disease spreads, rates of heroin overdose deaths have skyrocketed, causing much concern among public officials, law enforcement, communities representatives, and citizens alike. Much like the rest of the U.S., Oklahoma has seen a surge in heroin use, but the state has also retained high rates of prescription drug abuse, too. Therefore, the heroin epidemic is actually an opioid epidemic in Oklahoma, and the state has decided that enough is enough.
With nearly a million Oklahomans (amounting to one in five Oklahoma residents) in need of substance abuse or some other type of mental health treatment, the state has created a panel of addiction treatment professionals that is holding forums throughout the state called Community Healing from Addiction and Mental Health Problems, or CHAMP. At these forums, citizens are invited to participate in the interactive discussions with the panel about the ways that the addiction epidemic has affected Oklahoma’s communities and what can be done to improve existing prevention strategies.