Drug & Alcohol Detox Centers in Wisconsin
Too Many Options? Get Help Now!
Find A Detox In Wisconsin Today
It is imperative that you call now for a free confidential assessment for drug & alcohol detox centers in Wisconsin. We are professionals who can help get you or a loved in the right facility depending upon your needs don't wait, call now!
- Drug Addiction Detoxes
- Alcohol Detox Centers
- Substance Abuse Detoxes
- Dual Diagnosis Detoxes
- Most Insurances Accepted
- Payment Assistance
Too Many Options? Get Help Now!
Browse Wisconsin Detox Centers By City
OR Search for detoxes by city
Located in the heart of the American Midwest, Wisconsin is one of those states that seen as having a slow, laid-back atmosphere. In all likelihood, this is because much of Wisconsin is composed of farms and dairyland. However, residents of Wisconsin take a lot of pride in the state, embracing visitors and newcomers as their own. As well, the Wisconsin scenery is definitely one of a kind, making it a great place to go and relax. Recent years have seen a number of addiction treatment facilities emerge throughout Wisconsin, taking advantage of the leisurely lifestyle that Wisconsin residents enjoy. No matter what your needs might be, there’s an addiction treatment or detox center in Wisconsin for you.
Wisconsin Addiction & Detox Statistics
- Excluding alcohol and marijuana, approximately 4 percent of Wisconsin residents will have used illicit drugs at least once over the course of the past thirty days.
- In Wisconsin, there is a strong subculture of alcohol abuse among adolescents, teens, and young adults. According to surveys conducted in 2011, about 9 percent of all high school students drove a car while intoxicated at least once in a single year.
- Since the year 2000, rates of alcohol abuse and alcohol use disorders have been consistently higher in Wisconsin than in the United States overall. Some sources assert that rates of alcohol abuse in Wisconsin are the highest in the entire U.S. For this reason, Wisconsin tends to show elevated rates of many of the effects associated with alcohol misuse, including incidents of driving while intoxicated, cases of cirrhosis of the liver, and alcohol-related deaths.
- Compared to all other drugs, opioids are responsible for the most drug-related deaths in the state of Wisconsin with drug-related deaths in 2012 being double what they were in 2004.
- While most other demographics have remained high, alcohol abuse among adolescents and teens has actually been in decline since 2012 and is now lower than the national average for underage alcohol abuse.
Getting Sober in Wisconsin
While it’s true that Wisconsin is known to hold a prominent place in the American beer-brewing industry, there’s much more to the state than that. But even in the larger cities, the laid-back, leisurely atmosphere is prominent, making Wisconsin an ideal place to get sober. So go ahead, take in the fresh country air, and enjoy being in recovery in Wisconsin.
Wisconsin Addiction & Substance Abuse Organizations
- The Recovery and Addiction Professionals of Wisconsin — or RAP-WI for short — is a state-level organization and a local chapter of the NAADAC. This group is largely an advocacy group for continued education and training of addiction treatment professionals throughout Wisconsin.
- The Wisconsin Recovery Community Organization (WIRCO) is a community-run group that promotes recovery and supports individuals suffering from addiction through advocacy and referrals to addiction recovery resources throughout the state.
- The Wisconsin Division of Care and Treatment Services — also known as DCTS — is a state-funding, nonprofit organization that helps Wisconsin residents who are having trouble funding addiction treatment. This group works in close partnership with the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
- The State Council on Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (SCAODA) is another state-run organization that works in close partnership with the Wisconsin Department of Health Services. However, this group’s objectives are more broad, being primarily advocacy, education, prevention, recovery support, enforcement, and control activities.
- Wisconsin Voices for Recovery is the Wisconsin-based chapter of the nationwide advocacy group that focuses on advocacy, promoting long-term recovery through treatment, and community awareness.
Wisconsin Creating Statewide Programs to Combat Opioid Addiction
Like the rest of the U.S., Wisconsin has been experiencing a major opioid addiction epidemic. Year after year, the number of overdose deaths in Wisconsin has grown, prompting lawmakers and public officials to brainstorm new ways of combatting this threat. This has resulted in a number of statewide initiatives, including the HOPE Program. The idea is to give Wisconsin residents suffering from addiction more choices when it comes to addiction treatment, so HOPE gives individuals the option to enroll in a medication-assisted treatment program with an intensive psychotherapy and counseling regimen. Rather than encouraging only one form of treatment, HOPE in Wisconsin broadens the recovery needs that treatment programs can address.