Drug & Alcohol Detox Centers in Minnesota
Too Many Options? Get Help Now!
Find A Detox In Minnesota Today
It is imperative that you call now for a free confidential assessment for drug & alcohol detox centers in Minnesota. We are professionals who can help get you or a loved in the right facility depending upon your needs don't wait, call now!
- Drug Addiction Detoxes
- Alcohol Detox Centers
- Substance Abuse Detoxes
- Dual Diagnosis Detoxes
- Most Insurances Accepted
- Payment Assistance
Too Many Options? Get Help Now!
Browse Minnesota Detox Centers By City
OR Search for detoxes by city
Without question, Minnesota is one of the most beautiful states in the whole country. It’s nickname — “Land of Lakes” — is due to the fact that Minnesota is known to have over 10,000 lakes and 90,000 miles of shoreline, which is more than any coastal state like California, Florida, and Hawaii. Minnesota is also known for its friendly people and the countless festivals, parades, and special events that occur throughout the year. Recently, Minnesota has gained the reputation for being a major destination for addiction recovery. With several hundred facilities located throughout the state, you’ll have no trouble finding a detox facility that will serve your needs.
Minnesota Addiction & Detox Statistics
- Like the rest of the U.S., Minnesota is experiencing a major heroin problem. Over the course of 2011 alone, approximately 13 percent of all addiction treatment admissions in Minnesota were for heroin addiction.
- In addition to the heroin epidemic, there has been an increase in abuse rates for most other substances in Minnesota, too. Alcohol still dominates as the most dominant drug of choice for rehab admissions. For instance, Minneapolis detox centers are filled with roughly 50% alcohol abusers.
- According to statistics, approximately one in five (20.9 percent) Minnesota high school students engages in at least one episode of binge drinking per month. However, studies have also shown that alcohol abuse among students who identify as homosexual or bisexual are much higher at 35.7 percent and 36 percent, respectively.
- Throughout the United States, it’s been found that approximately 4 percent of high school students should be receiving some type of treatment for alcohol abuse, but aren’t. In Minnesota, this figure is slightly higher at 5 percent. In other words, there are higher rates of alcohol use disorder among adolescents in Minnesota than adolescents nationwide.
- It’s currently estimated that about 9 percent of American adults suffer from some type of addiction. The rate of addiction for adults in Minnesota is actually much lower at just 1.9 percent. However, when you look at addiction by demographic groups, Minnesota has the highest number of addicts in the 18-to-24 age group at 6.3 percent.
Getting Sober in Minnesota
While many Minnesota residents are passionate about their yearly events, it’s not about alcohol or drugs. For residents of Minnesota, it’s all about enjoying the company of good people and making the most of each day, which is why Minnesota is such a great place to get sober. Whether you’re early or advanced in your recovery, Minnesota is a place you should definitely consider.
Minnesota Addiction & Substance Abuse Organizations
- The Minnesota Association of Resources for Recovery and Chemical Health — also known as MARRCH — is an association of professionals who want to raise awareness about addiction and the recovery process.
- Progress Valley is a Minnesota-based nonprofit organization that aims to match people to the recovery services they need, helping them to become productive members of their respective communities.
- The Minnesota Teen Challenge is a not-for-profit organization that focuses on chemical dependency among adolescents and teens. The goal of this group is to help teens recovery from chemical dependence and to avoid alcohol and drug abuse by teaching them how to address their physical, emotional, and social needs.
- The Minnesota Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division, or MNADAD, is a state-run, state-sanctioned organization working in conjunction with the Department of Human Services to ensure that Minnesota residents in need can access quality detox and addiction treatment services.
- The Minnesota Prevention Resource Center — also known as MNPRC for short — is an organization that seeks to enhance the capacity of anyone who wants to advocate for the prevention of alcohol, tobacco, and drug abuse in their respective communities.
Minnesota is Grooming the Next Generation of Addictions Counselors
Throughout the United States, a major heroin epidemic has emerged. In the wake of the prescription drug epidemic of the 1990s and 2000s, many painkiller addicts switched to heroin, resulting in a sudden surge of heroin use nationwide. This heroin problem is also reflected in Minnesota, a state that has been experiencing levels of heroin use that have never been seen before. In the hope of addressing the issue of heroin, the state’s academic institutions have revitalized the curricula available for students interested in substance abuse counseling. As well, there’s much encouragement for students to pursue education and careers in substance abuse counseling. It’s believed that this will have a major long-term impact on the heroin problem in the state.