Drug & Alcohol Detox Centers in Tennessee
Too Many Options? Get Help Now!
Find A Detox In Tennessee Today
It is imperative that you call now for a free confidential assessment for drug & alcohol detox centers in Tennessee. We are professionals who can help get you or a loved in the right facility depending upon your needs don't wait, call now!
- Drug Addiction Detoxes
- Alcohol Detox Centers
- Substance Abuse Detoxes
- Dual Diagnosis Detoxes
- Most Insurances Accepted
- Payment Assistance
Too Many Options? Get Help Now!
Browse Tennessee Detox Centers By City
OR Search for detoxes by city
Tennessee is known for many things: It’s home to Nashville, the birthplace of modern country music. It’s also the home of Memphis, which is a famous, larger city that’s along the Mississippi River. But in addition to cities like Nashville, Memphis, and Knoxville, Tennessee has a lot of other things to offer, including its natural beauty. Even just driving across the state on I-40 is an incredibly gorgeous ride. Plus, residents of Tennessee get to enjoy four distinct seasons, making it a great place to go to for recovery from addiction. With big cities, the unbridled beauty of nature, and a prominent place in our cultural history, you’ll want to put Tennessee at the top of your list as you search for an addiction treatment or detox center.
Tennessee Addiction & Detox Statistics
- Over the course of 2011, almost half a million Tennessee residents received treatment for alcohol or drug addiction.
- Due to the effect that drugs have on human behavior, many addicts resort to criminal behaviors to sustain their substance abuse problems. According to statistics, illicit drugs are involved in at least 80 percent of all crimes committed in Tennessee.
- In 2014, the state of Tennessee saw 1,263 deaths from opioid overdose, which is an increase of almost 16 percent from 1,062 deaths in 2011.
- Alcohol remains the most problematic of all mind-altering substances in the state of Tennessee. Of all the treatment admissions in Tennessee, just under 30 percent are for alcohol. The second-most admissions are for cocaine at 18.9 percent.
- Although prescription drug abuse has been in decline over the past several years, it remains a major problem in Tennessee. In fact, Tennessee is the second-highest per capita in the U.S. for prescription drug abuse.
Getting Sober in Tennessee
As is the case in other highly populous cities, Nashville, Memphis, and Knoxville have become major cultural hubs where the music experience and great food make them perfect destinations for anyone getting sober. There’s always plenty to do in these cities, which are surrounded by gorgeous and nearly-undisturbed beauty. With a population that’s as diverse as it is accepting, you’ll love getting sober in Tennessee. To top it off, Tennessee is famous for having very low taxes, so it’s a great place to save up your money as you get back on your feet.
Tennessee Addiction & Substance Abuse Organizations
Grassroots Program in Tennessee Dramatically Reducing Painkiller Abuse
As is the case in the rest of the U.S., prescription drugs and opioids have been a major problem in Tennessee, prompting concerned citizens, lawmakers, and law enforcement to brainstorm for ways to alleviate the problem. A new grassroots program called “Count It, Lock It, Drop It” was implemented just under four years ago, but has quite recently begun to pick up steam. One of the issues that this program was meant to address is the tendency for substance abusers to steal medications from family members and friends who are prescribed controlled substances and use them responsibly. Through this program, individuals are given free lock boxes in which they can store their prescription drugs, ensuring that they don’t fall into the wrong hands. The program has been praised almost unanimously and will likely serve as the prototype for similar programs elsewhere in the U.S.